Sugar Stamp Meringue Recipe
Ingredients (conversions are in parenthesis)
- 4 egg whites (approximately 125 grams / 4.4 ounces)
- 250 grams sugar (1 and 1/4 cup)
- 100 grams powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- Pastry bag and your choice of nozzle
- 2 pots - small and medium - for the bain-marie
- Mix sugar and egg whites in the small pot.
- Place the pot with the mixture on bain-marie for 10 minutes, mix once in a while, until the mixture becomes liquid and you can no longer feel sugar grains in it.
- Dry the bottom of the small pot and transfer the mixture to the mixer bowl and begin whisking until it becomes very thick (app. 6-7 minutes).
- Stop the mixer, add the powdered sugar and slowly resume mixing for about 2 more minutes until the mixture becomes extremely stable.
- Transfer the mixture to the pastry bag, arrange the Sugar Stamp on your oven pan (coarse side up) and begin piping.
- Bake for at least 120 minutes at 175*F (80*C)
- ALWAYS with fanned oven heat until the sugar kisses are dry inside and out.
- Once ready, take out of the oven and immediately separate the sugar kisses
The road to perfect sugar kisses is filled with good intentions, patience and a little experience
Separate the meringues immediately after taking them out of the oven. If the meringues cooled down, put the oven pan back in the oven for a few minutes, take them out and separate them from the Sugar Stamp.
Do not let even a drop of yolk in with the egg whites. This is critical. Even a drop can ruin the mixture. The solution - take a breath, patiently separate one egg at a time in a separate bowl. In this way, even if an egg was not separated properly, you can use it in an omelet instead of ruining the whole meringue mixture.
Use good old regular oven pans and not one-time aluminum pans.
One bowl/pot inside a larger bowl/pot with boiling water, over a heat source - the mixture inside the smaller bowl is heated gently without touching the water in the bigger bowl. If you want sweet meringues without caramel bubbles that burn the Sugar Stamp, have patience and give the bain-marie enough time to melt all the sugar.
Recommended for You:
Original price $ 1.65 - Original price $ 1.65Original price$ 1.65$ 1.65 - $ 1.65Current price $ 1.65in stock
Don't let your icing bags leak or dry out! Use these covers on bags with Ateco couplers and standard tips on them. Reuse them again and again. Se...View full detailsOriginal price $ 1.65 - Original price $ 1.65Original price$ 1.65$ 1.65 - $ 1.65Current price $ 1.65
Original price $ 1.85 - Original price $ 1.85Original price$ 1.85$ 1.85 - $ 1.85Current price $ 1.85in stock
A black edible-ink pen is essential for your decorating kit. Use these high quality markers for: Marking up baked cookies for planning designs Wri...View full detailsOriginal price $ 1.85 - Original price $ 1.85Original price$ 1.85$ 1.85 - $ 1.85Current price $ 1.85
Original price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99 - Original price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99Current price $ 14.99$ 14.99 - $ 14.99Current price $ 14.99in stock
Incredibly high quality, with no plastic parts. Whether baking or cooking you'll reach for these essentials again and again! THESE ARE THE LAST SET...View full detailsOriginal price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99 - Original price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99Current price $ 14.99$ 14.99 - $ 14.99Current price $ 14.99Save 38% Save %
Original price $ 6.99 - Original price $ 6.99Original price$ 6.99$ 6.99 - $ 6.99Current price $ 6.99in stock
Just add water for white, stiff icing! Perfect for stenciling, dots and eyes, writing, or thin it for flooding. You can tint it any color you need!...View full detailsOriginal price $ 6.99 - Original price $ 6.99Original price$ 6.99$ 6.99 - $ 6.99Current price $ 6.99
Original price $ 5.50 - Original price $ 5.50Original price$ 5.50$ 5.50 - $ 5.50Current price $ 5.50in stock
These cute sheets will help you plan your cookie orders. The back has an area for sketching and pricing planning. Size: 5" x 7" 50 Sheet Pad Tear ...View full detailsOriginal price $ 5.50 - Original price $ 5.50Original price$ 5.50$ 5.50 - $ 5.50Current price $ 5.50
This particular technique involves stenciling the graveyard with both airbrush and royal icing, but if you don’t have an airbrush, you can still make a slightly simpler version of this cookie!Read now
Here's a recap of Hillary's keynote speech at CookieCon, Orlando 2023. And watch our parody episode of The Office! You won't want to miss this!Read now