Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Here's my favorite chocolate cookie recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder - try Genie's Dream Cocoa No 3 Ultra!
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups flour (start with 3 and if your dough seems too sticky add more)
- Note: If you're not using Genie's Dream Cocoa, and want to boost your cookie flavor you can experiment with adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Coffee Flavoring along with the vanilla.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup to mixer. Mix at low speed until fully blended. In a separate bowl sift together all dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, one cup at a time with your mixer on low, until all are incorporated. This dough may not pull away completely from the sides the way my sugar cookie recipe does when it is mixed - it is a stickier dough.
Separate your dough into 3 equal balls. Roll out each ball to about a 1/4" thickness between sheets of wax paper - leave between wax paper. You can stack these "flats' of dough on top of each other, and on top of a cookie sheet. Then chill these "flats" of dough for at least an hour before baking. This is a soft dough, so chilling will help in cutting your shapes, and enabling them to keep their shape as you transfer them to your baking sheet.
Be sure to use parchment paper or a silicone Silpat mat on your baking sheets to keep your cookies from burning.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes - depending on the size of your cookie. Place similar sized cookies on cookie sheets together to bake evenly.
These chocolate cookies are a softer cookie, and have a deep fudgey, brownie taste. Enjoy!
This recipe is modified from a Sugarbelle recipe, not currently on her blog.