Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Here's my favorite chocolate cookie recipe!
This recipe is modified from a Sugarbelle recipe, not currently on her blog.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Chocolate Flavoring, 1 tsp if using any other brand chocolate extract or emulsion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Coffee Flavoring, 1 tsp if using any other brand chocolate extract or emulsion
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder - try Genie's Dream Cocoa No3!
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups flour (start with 3 and if your dough seems too sticky add more)
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, chocolate and coffee extracts and corn syrup to mixer. Mix at low speed until fully blended. In a separate bowl sift together all dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, one cup at a time with your mixer on low, until all are incorporated. This dough may not pull away completely from the sides the way my sugar cookie recipe does when it is mixed - it is a stickier dough.
Separate your dough into 3 equal balls. Roll out each ball to about a 1/4" thickness between sheets of wax paper - leave between wax paper. You can stack these "flats' of dough on top of each other, and on top of a cookie sheet. Then chill these "flats" of dough for at least an hour before baking. This is a soft dough, so chilling will help in cutting your shapes, and enabling them to keep their shape as you transfer them to your baking sheet.
Be sure to use parchment or Silpat mats on your baking sheets to keep your cookies from burning.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes - depending on the size of your cookie. Place similar sized cookies on cookie sheets together to bake evenly.
These chocolate cookies are a softer cookie, and have a deep fudgey, brownie taste. Enjoy!!!