Easter is all about family. Having different activities to do with the kids during the holiday is a great way to have fun and create memories. In my house, a craft that can also be eaten is always a hit!
Today I'm going to show you how to make chocolate Easter egg shakers! This is a perfect activity for kids, because the only "baking" is in the microwave, you can have fun being a little messy, and the eggs will look great no matter what.
- "chocolate" candy melts - you can find these at almost any baking supply store or a store like Michael's or JoAnn
- powdered food color designed for chocolate - only needed if you only have white candy melts. Or you can buy different color melts and skip this step.
- bowls for melting and mixing
- piping bags
- egg mold
- candy or sprinkles of choice to fill the eggs
How to make:
- Melt candy according to packaging directions. Separate into multiple bowls, if using food color. If you already have different color candy melts, melt each into its own bowl and move to step 3.
- Add powdered food color to achieve desired color and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon each color into its own piping bag and tie off.
- When ready to use, cut the very tip of the bag off to make a small opening.
- Drizzle the different colors over the entire mold - great step for the kids to have fun being "messy". Allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Coat the inside of the molds with white chocolate. Shake and rotate the mold around to ensure that the entire opening is covered with white. Spoon out any excess, so you are left with a cavity.
- Let sit until the chocolate is hardened
- Pop the eggs out of the mold and fill half with small candy or sprinkles of choice
- Use a small amount of chocolate to "glue" together the 2 halves. If the chocolate in your piping bags has gotten too hard, you can pop the whole bag into the microwave for 10 seconds and knead to soften.
To package your treats, these colorful egg cartons make for the perfect presentation.
Have fun creating something sweet today!
Recommended for You:
Piping Bag Tip Tube Covers - Set of 4AtecoOriginal price $ 1.65 - Original price $ 1.65Original price$ 1.65$ 1.65 - $ 1.65Current price $ 1.65in stock
Don't let your icing bags leak or dry out! Use these covers on bags with Ateco couplers and standard tips on them. Reuse them again and again. Se...View full detailsOriginal price $ 1.65 - Original price $ 1.65Original price$ 1.65$ 1.65 - $ 1.65Current price $ 1.65
Black Fine Tip Food MarkerThe Cookie CountessOriginal price $ 1.85 - Original price $ 1.85Original price$ 1.85$ 1.85 - $ 1.85Current price $ 1.85in stock
A black edible-ink pen is essential for your decorating kit. Use these high quality markers for: Marking up baked cookies for planning designs Wri...View full detailsOriginal price $ 1.85 - Original price $ 1.85Original price$ 1.85$ 1.85 - $ 1.85Current price $ 1.85
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups 4 Piece SetThe Cookie CountessOriginal price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99 - Original price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99Current price $ 14.99$ 14.99 - $ 14.99Current price $ 14.99in stock
Incredibly high quality, with no plastic parts. Whether baking or cooking you'll reach for these essentials again and again! THESE ARE THE LAST SET...View full detailsOriginal price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99 - Original price $ 23.99Original price $ 23.99Current price $ 14.99$ 14.99 - $ 14.99Current price $ 14.99Save 38% Save %
Instant Royal Icing Mix - White BaseThe Cookie CountessOriginal price $ 6.99 - Original price $ 6.99Original price$ 6.99$ 6.99 - $ 6.99Current price $ 6.99in stock
Just add water for white, stiff icing! Perfect for stenciling, dots and eyes, writing, or thin it for flooding. You can tint it any color you need!...View full detailsOriginal price $ 6.99 - Original price $ 6.99Original price$ 6.99$ 6.99 - $ 6.99Current price $ 6.99
Cookie Order Form 5 x 7, 50 sheetsThe Cookie CountessOriginal price $ 5.50 - Original price $ 5.50Original price$ 5.50$ 5.50 - $ 5.50Current price $ 5.50in stock
These cute sheets will help you plan your cookie orders. The back has an area for sketching and pricing planning. Size: 5" x 7" 50 Sheet Pad Tear ...View full detailsOriginal price $ 5.50 - Original price $ 5.50Original price$ 5.50$ 5.50 - $ 5.50Current price $ 5.50
How to Make Stained Glass CookiesRead now
One of the prettiest trends in springtime cookies (in my opinion) is the stained glass window cookie. I love how simple and yet ornate they are, so I wanted to see if I could recreate this effect on some simple...
Get Your Green OnRead now
Shop by color: Green Edition This blog article features a collection of all of our green-themed cookie and cake-decorating supplies. Grab these green-colored goodies before they disappear forever because a lot of these products are currently on clearance! From glitter...
Satin Ice ProductsRead now
Satin Ice: What it is, and Why You Should Give it a Try! Here at The Cookie Countess, we are always on the lookout for products that can make a cookier’s life easier. But what exactly is a “cookier”? Is...
Leave a comment