Cake Lace is an innovate new method of adding edible lace decorations to your cake! Cake Lace is so easy to use, simply make to manufacturers instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 175°F. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes, it is then ready to use. From start to finish your edible Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes, perfect for adding edible lace onto your cookies, cupcakes, cakes and more! Because oven temps vary, and certain colors of Cake Lace may vary, adjust times as needed.
Want to plan ahead and skip the oven? You can air dry your Cake Lace overnight or for 4-8 hours depending on humidity levels.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time. Cake Lace is the perfect edible lace decoration!
Cake Lace comes in a 2 separate parts, Part A and Part B. Both are included in this listing.
Suitable for vegetarians,and vegans. May contain traces of milk, sulphites, soy & hazelnuts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How many mats would 200g of Cake Lace make?
A: For small mats, you will get approximately 18-20 uses and larger mats approximately 8-10 uses.
Q: When coloring the Cake Lace do I need to do anything else?
A: We advise dropping the baking temperature by 5-10° and putting the Cake Lace in the oven for a total of 20-25 minutes. Please be aware that all ovens are different, so timings and temperatures are estimated.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying Cake Lace to buttercream as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace on chocolate?
A: Yes, Cake Lace can be used on chocolate, some colors may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere.
Q: The White Cake Lace contains Vanilla, is this alcohol based?
A: The Vanilla flavoring is not alcohol based.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer. This doesn't have to be specifically hot or cold, just water from a tap is fine!
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder).
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes.
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Part B (liquid) - please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth.
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace Spreading Knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 70°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes).
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on wax paper. Release with help from your knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the fondant covered cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently. For cookies topped with royal icing, you can lightly paint the icing with water before applying, or mist the backside of the lace.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over; this can be optionally added to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace can be colored using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colors. Or airbrushed as well.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some greaseproof paper, wrapped closely. Then, wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odors.
Ingredients: Wheat starch; Fructose; Glucose; Thickener: E440; Colourings: E171, E129; Flavour: Vanilla (milk), Preservative E202.
Cake Lace products are only available for US and Canadian Shipping. If you live outside of this are you MUST email us for a shipping quote prior to ordering. email@example.com