We have a winner!! 🎉 Congratulations, Aimee! She was holding strong in 3rd place, but got a sudden boost when her entry was featured on her local news station! Aimee said she will be bringing her mom to CookieCon and added, “my mother has always been my biggest supporter.” Please help in congratulating this well-deserved win.
For everyone who entered, you should be so proud of the work you did. Every cookie you make is the favorite of your friends, family, and customers. A job well done to everyone.
We also have a few extra prizes to give out, because our staff each picked their favorite cookie set too! Stay tuned when we release those cookies tomorrow.
Lastly, a special thank you to everyone who helped us with this contest. This is seriously an awesome community. It wasn’t easy to have to validate every vote, so thanks for your patience during that time.
Cookie Submission Rules
- You must make 6 cookies (no more, no less!) and each cookie cannot be more than 8 inches.
- All 6 cookies must be based on the same song.
- Your cookies must be 100% edible.
- Your cookies must be made entirely by you!
- You may only submit one photo of your cookies. Make sure the photo shows all cookies in their best light!
- We will accept submissions starting January 3 2020, using a form on this page.
- The deadline for submissions is January 23, 2020 at midnight EST.
- This contest is open to any cookie baker over the age of 18, you can be an amateur or business owner.
- The tickets to CookieCon™ 2020 are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash value. If the winner cannot attend, the tickets will be given to the runner up.
- $1,000.00 prize will be awarded at CookieCon™ at The Cookie Countess booth! (Giant Check!)
Voting and Winning
- All entries will be revealed here (thecookiecountess.com) on January 24th. Voting will open to the public. The winner will be the entry with the most votes when voting closes on at 11:59:59 EST on Friday January 31, 2020.
- Voters will have to enter their email address and can only vote once.
//The Cookie Countess 'Bake That Tune' Contest Official Rules//
No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering in the contest, you must agree to these official rules, which create a contract so read them carefully before entering.
- Eligibility. The “Bake that Tune” contest (the “Contest”) is open only to people who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the public voting and The Cookie Countess (“Sponsor”), which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period. The Contest submission begins on or about 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on January 23, 2020 unless otherwise extended in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- How To Enter. You may enter the Contest via thecookiecountess.com by completing the official Contest Entry Form and uploading a photo of your six (6) cookies based on a song of your choice.
For the purpose of this Contest, a Contest submission (”Submission”) is a photograph of your cookies.
All entries must be received by the end of the Contest Period to be eligible for voting. Limit of one (1) entry per person, during the Contest Period. A submission may in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion be rejected if it fails to follow the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed on the Contest Website and elsewhere in these Official Rules.
For purposes of this Contest, an online entry is “received” when The Cookie Countess’s entry form records the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated receipt confirming entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest.
The clock at The Cookie Countess will be the official time keeper for the Contest. All entries that are late, incomplete, forged or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, deleted, or invalid entries. Assurance of delivery of entries is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- Submission Content Guidelines. Submissions that do not meet the following “Content Guidelines” are subject to disqualification and/or removal from the Contest Website, each at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion:
- Submissions must comply to the contest prompt: to include only six (6) cookies based upon a single song.
- Each submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the entrant.
- Submissions must not have been submitted previously in any contest of any kind.
- Submissions must not include material that is sexually explicit, obscene, violent, hateful, or otherwise indecent!
- Intellectual Property. Entrants, upon submission of their entry to the Contest, hereby irrevocably grant to The Cookie Countess a non-exclusive, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and display the submissions submitted on their website, social media, and in contest marketing.
- Representations, Warranties and Indemnity. Each entrant represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands and will follow the Official Rules.
- Determining the Winner. After the conclusion of the Contest Period, the number of votes will be tallied and the winner will be announced via direct email and on social media.
In the event of a tie during the Winner selection process, Hillary of The Cookie Countess will be the tie-breaking judge.
- Winner Notification. The potential Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone within three (3) days of the end of voting. The Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information.
If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential Winners.
- Prizes. Two (2) prizes will be awarded. Each Winner will be awarded one (1) check for $1000.00 USD and two (2) tickets to CookieCon™ 2020 in Louisville, Kentucky (“Prize”). Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer (Karen's Cookies, LLC & CookieCon, LLC.). Additional restrictions may apply.
Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Prize Winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used.
- General Conditions. The Cookie Countess, Inc. are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or undelivered entries; or for lost, interrupted internet or other technical failures.Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or Contest Website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless The Cookie Countess, Inc and CookieCon, LLC (“Released Parties”): from and against and any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s (up to and including death) or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing entrants agree that Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties and (2) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. If entrant is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must agree to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, this Section.
- Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Disputes / Arbitration / No Class Relief. Except with respect to the protection and enforcement of the intellectual property rights of the Released Parties and their rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or equitable relief, any claim, cause of action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the these Official Rules or the Contest shall be resolved by mandatory, binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) as supplemented by AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The arbitration shall be conducted in Montgomery County, Maryland, and the Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state law concerning arbitration, shall apply. The arbitration award shall be final and exclusive, and the prevailing party in the arbitration may file an action in court to confirm and to enforce the arbitration award. Any such action, or any claim, cause of action or proceeding not subject to arbitration as set forth in this section, shall be filed and adjudicated in a state or federal court in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts. Entrants irrevocably waive any rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and any defense of forum non conveniens. Should either party pursue any other judicial or administrative action with respect to any matter included within the scope of this binding arbitration provision, the responding party will be entitled to recover its costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such action. Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- List of Contest Winners / Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Bake that Tune” Contest Winners List, The Cookie Countess, Inc., 225 Metro Center Blvd, Bldg 1, Unit B, Warwick, RI 02886 within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Contest Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Bake that Tune” Official Rules, The Cookie Countess, Inc., 225 Metro Center Blvd, Bldg 1, Unit B, Warwick, RI 02886 prior to the end of the Contest Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
- Identification of Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by The Cookie Countess, Inc., 225 Metro Center Blvd, Bldg 1, Unit B, Warwick, RI 02886.
//END OFFICIAL RULES//